So, I haven’t written a blog post since June. June! I don’t know why I haven’t been writing, but I do know I’ve missed it. Writing helps me so much, and I noticed how much not writing has affected me.
So, what’s gone on in my life since June?
- Well, the day after my last post, the Cape Cod house that my family owned for almost 100 years, the house I’ve written about so many times, burned down. I am devastated over this and I can’t believe it’s gone.
- Despite the house burning down, I went to the Cape for a week in June. I spent part of the week at a family friend’s house and the other part at a nearby hotel. I went to Provincetown, ate at Arnolds (my favorite!), and hung around with family. It was strange being at the Cape but not being at the house.
- I attended two tech conferences — Design 4 Drupal Boston in July and NEDCamp at the beginning of October. It enjoyed being around other developers and designers and loved seeing many old friends. Oh, and the sessions were good too, of course.
- In August, I rode the train down to Delaware to visit my friend Josh! I hadn’t seen him in about 3 years, so I enjoyed catching up with him. During the trip, we journeyed to Pennsylvania to visit our friend Tomas, who I hadn’t seen since I moved from Indiana in 2009! Josh showed me great food and great beer in his part of Delaware and it was great to see friends!
- I spent Labor Day weekend in New York City, visiting my friends Kelly and Dave! I always forget how much I love NYC. We wandered around the city, ate delicious brunch (and delicious dumplings!), drank great beer, and I got to see Dave perform some improv. Oh, and we watched a ton of Jeopardy and Kelly and I knit a lot. It was the best.
- Later in September, Linda visited me! We picked up some beers at Tree House, played trivia with my family, and attended the Copenhagen Beer Festival in Boston (and snagged an awesome deal on a hotel right in the city)! This is the first time she’s visited me in western MA, and now she’s visited me in every state I’ve lived in. I loved seeing her.
- This past weekend, I attended the New York Sheep and Wool Festival, also known as Rhinebeck! I’d only attended one other time, back in 2010, but I knew I’d attend again once I moved back east. I hung out with friends, enjoyed delicious fried artichokes and lamb chili and awesome cider donuts, and bought only one skien of yarn. It rocked.
I stayed busy this summer, which makes me happy. I’m glad I got to see so many good friends and so many fun places! I don’t have too much going on at the end of the year besides traveling to Maine for work, but I tend to have less things going on in the winter. Related, how is it almost winter again?
I hope to keep on writing in this blog again. I miss writing.