A survey of fives
KC passed this my way; as much as I feel I shouldn’t, I love little surveys sometimes.
Ten Years Ago:
I spent too much time in my room listening to music, writing, doodling, and generally being an angsty 14 year old. I wrote my first story the summer before I started my freshman year in high school, about a girl who dyes her hair purple after realizing the guy she likes didn’t like her back. I watched way too much My So-Called Life on Thursday nights and joined the Academic Decathlon team.
Five Years Ago:
I lived with my awesome roommate in our first floor dorm room right near the student union. I made plans to travel to Indiana to meet a few friends, including a boy I liked, much to the dismay of my local friends. I strung holiday lights and New Kids on the Block cards throughout the high-ceilinged dorm room and my roommate and I stayed up way too late watching Insomniac Music Theater on VH1. Yes, VH1 was still tolerable five years ago.
One Year Ago:
I lived in Bloomington with my roommate, Denise, and her two kitties. My boyfriend :scott: lived four hours north of me; we spent our weekends driving the painful drive between towns to see each other. I worked at Indiana University and had fun goofing around with the coworkers. I began anticipating when and where Scott would propose.
- Cape Cod chips
- Starburst jelly beans
- Strawberry sundaes from Steak and Shake
- Chex Mix!
- M & Ms
Five Songs I Know All the Words To:
- “I’ve Just Seen a Face” – The Beatles
- “Carrie-Anne” – The Hollies
- “MMMBop” – Hanson (and I’m not afraid to admit it!)
- “Quit Playing Games With My Heart” – Backstreet Boys (again, not afraid to admit it)
- Almost every song by Blur and Smashing Pumpkins
Five Things I Would Do With $100 Million:
- Pay off loans.
- Buy a house on the Cape.
- Get my family members whatever they wanted.
- Put it in savings!
Five Places to Run Away To:
- Cape Cod
- A yarn store
- Lake Michigan
- Scott’s parents’ house
- My parents’ house
Five Things I Would Never Wear:
- A pink and white paint splattered acid washed ruffly skirt
- A chartruese mesh see through tank top
- A pair of puke green knitted chaps
- Madonna cones!
- Mime makeup
Five Favorite TV Shows:
- South Park
- Old episodes of American Chopper
- My So-Called Life
- Random stuff on PBS
- Iron Chef
Five Biggest Joys:
- Cuddling with Scott
- Sitting on our balcony at night, drinking, reading, talking, or thinking
- Creating things
- Singing along to music as loud as I can in my car
- Being my goofy self
- My computer
- My digital camera
- My PDA
- My iPod
- My endless supply of yarn!