#fivethingsfriday – Week 1
I came across the #fivethingsfriday meme on Jaime’s blog (yay, you have a blog again!) and since I haven’t written much in here in, uhh, months, I figured this would kickstart me back into writing again. Here’s to hoping, at least.
- I joined a coworking space this week! After working from my apartment for almost two years, I’m so psyched to be working among other people! It’s been an adjustment having to actually commute to an office again, but it’s an adjustment I welcome. I love getting out of my apartment.
- Remember my March crafty goals? Well, I achieved them! I completed the March section of the Pumpkin Passport and I knit a square on my blanket every day. I didn’t end up making any goals for April or May, mainly because setting crafting goals kind of stressed me out. Like I’ve said, crafting is my fun time, and I don’t want to give myself deadlines if it doesn’t make me feel good. Other people thrive on them, but me? Nope.
- Spring finally arrived in western MA – though, really, it seems we’ve skipped spring and we’ve moved right into summer! We’ve been dealing with temperatures in the 80s and 90s, and while I love it when I’m outdoors, I’m not loving it so much in my air conditioner-less apartment. Thankfully the nights haven’t been too hot, and that’s the only time I mind it. We’ll see how I feel as the summer progresses.
- In the almost 4 months since I moved back to western MA, I’ve met more people than I did in the 1.5 years I lived in PDX. It is HARD to put myself out there to meet new people, but I’m facing my fears and doing it anyway.
- I came down with a cold last weekend and I’m just now feeling better. I tend to feel crummy for a day or two, then stay congested for a week. I’m in the congestion stage right now, but it’s getting better every day.
Have a good weekend, everyone, and if you’re in the US and work a job that gives you Memorial Day off, have a great long weekend!