#fivethingsfriday – Week 2
- My trip to Vermont was so relaxing. We went to the Cabot cheese factory (yes, I don’t like cheese, and yes, I enjoyed the factory anyway), to the Ben and Jerry’s factory, to the Lake Champlain Chocolate factory, Magic Hat… we hit a lot of places in the week we spent at Smuggler’s Notch! My favorite day was the day we spent in Burlington – I went to Nido, an awesome yarn shop, worked from a coffeeshop for a few hours, and then ate delicious food and drank a few small pours of delicious beers at the Farmhouse Tap and Grill. I love the hell out of Burlington.
- Speaking of vacations, I’ll be spending a weekend at the Cape soon! I’ll knock another goal off of my 35 in 35 list, and I’ll also get to spend time at one of my favorite places ever. My sister will be at the Cape with her husband’s family and they will be staying at the next town over, so I’ll spend time with them. I’ll also spend some time up in Provincetown, because Provincetown is fun and awesome and has great food. I’m excited.
- I went to the local grocery store the other day to buy some tea. I wasn’t expecting much – I had gone a few weeks ago and wasn’t super happy with their selection, but I really wanted some earl grey. As I walked toward the dairy department to get my yogurt, however, I passed a huge display of tea by a company called Tea Guys, which is based in a town not too far from here in western MA. I was way, way too excited to find not only my earl grey, but little samples of flavors such as Hibiscus, Raspberry, and Currant, Vanilla, Almond, and Coconut, and Salted Dark Chocolate. I bought a couple flavors to try and I’m excited to pick up more! I love tea!
- For the past couple days, it’s felt more like fall than late spring outside. Highs have only been in the mid to upper 60s, with lows in the mid 40s! I don’t mind the cooler weather because my apartment stays pretty cool, but it so doesn’t feel like June. It’s supposed to warm up into the mid 70s through the weekend, which supposedly is still below the average for the month, but I’m not complaining. I’d be happy if the weather stayed in the mid 70s all summer long!
- At my hair appointment yesterday, I asked my stylist to change the color in my hair from a slightly purply pink to a slightly pinky purple. I love how it turned out! I’m pretty happy with my hair these days.
Happy Friday, all!