Friday Five – morning rituals
After taking a break from it for a few weeks, here’s my answers to this week’s Friday Five.
1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings? Unfortunately, 8am for my class that meets Monday through Friday. I’m not a morning person, I never have been, so it’s been hard for me to wake up this early. I get to bed pretty early, and I’m still tired when I wake up.
2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late? I used to sleep in until 11 or 12 back when I went to bed at 3 or 4am every night. These days, I get up at around 9. I feel like such an old lady.
3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning? Go online, of course!
4. How long does it take to get ready for your day? I don’t usually shower when I first get up to go to class, so it takes me roughly 5 minutes. I get up at 8, go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, and I’m off to class. Shower comes later, after I have more time. If I took showers in the morning, it would probably take me about a half hour to get ready. I’m pretty low maintenence.
5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast? I used to really love Bickford’s, a chain out east, but they closed the one near my home in MA. These days, I can’t say no to Denny’s in the morning!