Friday Five – musically
Sweet, this week’s Friday Five is all about one of my favorite subjects: music! I’ll be answering these with great fun!
1. What was the first band you saw in concert? Sadly enough, I didn’t see my first concert until the age of 19, in April of 2000. I saw Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers, opening act Muse. They played at UMass, so I went with a bunch of my friends from Mount Holyoke. We had general admission tickets, and I had a blast jumping around with the crowd. I broke my glasses, had beer spilt all over me, and I lost an article of clothing. Now that’s a great first concert experience.
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now? Who has been my favorite artist for the past, oh, 8 years or so now? The Smashing Pumpkins, of course. Also up near the top of my ‘favorite artists’ list are Blur, the Dandy Warhols, Zwan, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, the White Stripes, the Strokes, and the Beatles. I love me some music.
3. What’s your favorite song? Easy. ‘Resigned’ by Blur. Either that, or ‘Enjoy the Silence’ by Depeche Mode, or ‘Minnesoter’, ‘Boys Better’, or ‘Get Off’ by the Dandy Warhols. Though I do love ‘What Is Life’ by George Harrison a lot as well…
4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Well, I’ve been playing flute for the past 12 years, but if I could play anything else, it would be either guitar or piano. I wish I could have started playing one of those back at the age of 9 when it came to instrument picking time. I also wish I could play trombone. I think trombones and myself would make an excellent match.
5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why? George Harrison, just because he had a huge impact on my life during my high school years. I even had it written out as a goal of mine when I made a list during my sophomore year of high school. Sad, eh?