Friday Five – organization
The anal neat freak in me loves this week’s Friday Five!
1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not? I like to think of myself as a ‘creative organizer’. I’m not really organized in the conventional sense, but I do keep things in an order I know and find useful. However, I do also consider myself to be fairly neat and clean. It drives me nuts when kitchens and bathrooms are dirty and messy, or if things are spilt all over the floor! I like to keep things clean in that way more than I like to keep organized.
2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly? I kept a datebook that I received for free from IU this past year, and I’ve used various and assorted planners and datebooks before then. I love to write down what I have to do, and it usually makes me remember easier as well. Now that I’m nearly done with school, I’ll be using my Handspring Visor to record all my important due dates and such. I’m glad I’ll be using it more often!
3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now? Well, it was before I packed it all up for the move. I tend to keep my desks fairly organized, because I can’t get any work done if it isn’t!
4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter? I alphabetize my CDs, because they are my most prized material possessions (well, besides my computers, of course!) and it’s easier to find them that way. My books aren’t really alphabetized, but shelved according to category (fiction, computer books, Beatles books, origami books, etc). As for DVDs, I don’t own enough to have a specific order in which I arrange them. I have been alphabetizing them as of late, and I assume as my collection grows, I’ll be alphabetizing them more as well.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to organize? My big move to Indiana! I had to bring only what I could fit in a car halfway across the country with me, and it was hard to pick and choose what I wanted. I’ve since driven to and from home, so I have a lot more things here than I had when I first came out. I wish I had less stuff, moving so many things is a pain!