Friday Five – relax!
1. What are your favorite ways to relax and unwind? When I come home from either work or class, I like to lay on my bed and knit. Knitting things really helps me to relax and takes my mind off of the stresses at hand, and I love to make things for my friends! I also like to go online and talk to people. Sometimes I feel like being on the computer when I get back from class, and I’ll take the time to talk through stress with those I love. I’ll also read a ‘comfort book’, such as any book in the Harry Potter series. They always make me feel better.
2. What do you do the moment you get home from work/school/errands? I sit down and rest when I get back from walking all the way across campus. I’m usually a bit hot and tired when I return, so before I do anything else I take a breather. I don’t walk incredibly long distances, but I walk enough so that I get tired! I’ll usually end up checking email/boards/LJ when I get back as well.
3. What are your favorite aromatherapeutic smells? I actually don’t know that much about aromatherapy, but I’ve been meaning to buy some sort of relaxing scent. I need to relax more, and if my room smells and feels relaxing to me, then I’ll do better on my schoolwork and on relaxing in general! Well, at least that’s what I’m hoping!
4. Do you feel more relaxed with a group of friends or hanging out by yourself? It depends on the mood I’m in, and the group of friends in question. If I’m not in that great of a mood, I generally don’t want to be around a lot of people, and either want to be alone or with Nate. However, hanging out with my friends when I’m in a bad mood helps out greatly, and makes me happy again! I actually think I am more relaxed around my close friends than I am by myself. I like being around people most of the time.
5. What is something that you feel is relaxing but most people don’t? I love to listen to music turned up really loud! Some people may think it’s not relaxing, but I sure think it is!