Friday Five – songs
It’s a song-oriented Friday Five this week, and after looking at my results, I’m embarassed and I don’t know why. My music taste isn’t that bad now, is it?
Well, find out for yourself.
1. Name one song you hate to admit you like. The first one I can think of is “Lucky Man” by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. I don’t know why, but I’m ashamed to say that I like the synth at the end. Sad, I know.
2. Name two songs that always make you cry. “Not the One” by Collective Soul and “Disappear” by REM, for various and assorted reasons of my own.
3. Name three songs that turn you on. Of all the emotions that music and songs make me feel, ‘turned on’ isn’t one of those feelings. So I’m not really sure, exactly.
4. Name four songs that always make you feel good. Anything on the album “Definitely Maybe” by Oasis. I don’t know why, but that album makes me feel powerful. (Hey, I never said I was normal!)
5. Name five songs you couldn’t ever do without. “Resigned” by Blur, “Godless” by the Dandy Warhols, “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode, “What is Life” by George Harrison, and most likely anything by the Smashing Pumpkins.