Friday Five – that weblogging thing
Who doesn’t love the Friday Five?
1. Explain why you started to journal/blog. I initially started my weblog in March of 2000 to tell when I updated my site, but that didn’t last very long. I tried again in December of 2000, and kept it as purely an update log until March of 2001. I switched over to Greymatter and started writing more detailed entries soon after that, and I’ve been fairly consistent with keeping up with it since then.
2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not? Everyone I know, either online or in person, knows about my website and the weblog. I love telling people I know from class or from work that I have a website. Not many people I know in real life really read my site in detail, but they all know it exists. I don’t like keeping anything secret from anyone, and it’s impossible to keep anything secret on the internet.
3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog? Not particularly. I just write little things that are going on in my life. I’m torn between using that and my livejournal. After my paid account expires in June, I might switch over to using the weblog as my main site, because I miss it.
4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year? I want to post more commentary about things, but I don’t really trust my own opinions on things. I’m horrible at backing up my opinions, and I don’t want to come across as stupid! That, and I want to keep up with weblogging!
5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs. Krissy has the most organized weblog I know of, and I love her site so much! Dara is one of the sweetest people I know, and I check her site many times a day! Eileen has a gift for writing that I wish I had, and I love reading what she has to say. Laurie also writes incredibly well, and I always look forward to a new entry in her journal! Lisanne always has something interesting to talk about, and she makes soap! How can she not be cool?