Seven random things about me.
So. Liz tagged me ages and ages ago to fill this out, and I’m just now posting this. Seven random things about me you may or may not have already known…
- I love Christmas! I was born on Christmas Day a little over 28 years ago, so it’s almost a given that I love the holiday season. It may be uncool to love Christmas, but I don’t care. I love decorating Christmas trees, listening to Christmas music, and seeing decorations all over the place. It’s the only time of year I can tolerate snow, too; once January hits, I want that snow gone! Unfortunately, mother nature never listens to me.
- Mix tapes will always hold a special place in my heart. I went to high school in the days before CD burners and mp3s, so I relied on cassette tapes to create my own playlist of music. I have SO many tapes from about 1996-2000 or so, tapes I’d listen to in my trusty 1997 Toyota Camry (complete with tape player) and in my boombox in my bedroom at my parents’ house. I gave them all the variation of the same name; I had ‘My Groovy Tape’, ‘My Beautiful Tape’, ‘My Kickass Tape’, and so on. Mostly these tapes would consist of songs I already owned on CD, but on occasion I’d make tapes consisting of songs I heard on the radio and loved. I’d spend way, way too many afternoons listening to the radio, listening intently for the first few notes of the song I wanted to tape. And I’d curse when the DJ would cut in at the end. Before you ask — yes, I still own all my tapes. I only wish my car now had a tape player!
- It took me forever to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. Then I realized I didn’t like kids. In middle school and early high school, I wanted to be an interior decorator or an architect. Later on in high school I scrapped those ideas and decided I wanted to major in either art, music, or English. THEN, when I actually started college, I debated being a math major. FINALLY, right before my sophomore year, I decided on Computer Science. Though, now that I think about it, I wish I had gone more into a graphic design field instead. Oh well. I enjoy what I’m doing now.
- I’m a picky eater. A lot of people actually don’t know this, but it’s true! I’m much better than I used to be, but to this day, I still don’t like a few things. The biggest one on the list? Pasta. I have an aversion to the texture of noodles, and have since I was a kid. Also, I have a hard time liking most salads, on account of the fact I do not like cucumbers or tomatoes. Give me a spinach salad any day! Cheese and I have had a strained relationship, but I’m getting better with that. I also do not like a lot of condiments; I eat my burgers with no cheese and only ketchup, and I only put ketchup on my hot dogs. In fact, the only condiments I use are ketchup, salt, pepper, and butter. Pretty much. I am honestly trying to expand my food horizons, and I think the past few years, I’ve done a good job.
- As a young child, I could name the hosts of every single game show on tv at the time. I’m not sure what else to say about this one, but apparently I was a source of entertainment for my parents because of this.
- I’ve never lived in an apartment complex with a washer and dryer in the unit. Apparently I am strange because of this. I at least have always had a laundry room in my building, though it requires me to bundle up before venturing to the laundry room with my clothes. Plus, getting quarters at the store is a pain.
- My alarm clock at home is set one hour and six minutes ahead. I’ve been using the same alarm clock since I was 13 or 14, and some of the buttons don’t work correctly anymore. So when I set the time, I don’t set it to the exact time. And when Daylight Saving Time ended, I didn’t bother messing with it. So I have to mentally calculate the time when I look at my clock in the middle of the night. I actually did something similar when I was younger; I’d never set my clock back when Daylight Saving Time ended, because I liked to pretend it existed all year round. As a kid, I hated the fact that it got dark so early!
I’m not big into tagging other people, and I think everyone else has done this one already! So, answer this if you want and I will read your answers. Obviously.