Weekend in St Louis

St Louis Cardinals game

A Red Sox fan in St Louis; who would’ve thought?

I had a peaceful, relaxing, and fun weekend with :scott:’s parents in St. Louis this weekend. Scott and I arrived at his parents’ house late on Friday night; it’s roughly a 5 and a half hour drive from South Bend to the little town in Illinois where his parents reside. We spent the rest of the night watching television and talking with Scott’s mother; we stayed up until around midnight and then went to sleep. Driving tires us greatly.

We woke up fairly early on Saturday; we spent the morning knitting, talking, and watching television. We left for St Louis at around 11am and stopped for lunch at Bandanas. I love that place; lots and lots of barbequed ribs, corn on the cob, potatoes, and bread for a very good price. We left the restaurant full and happy, and continued our trek to Busch Stadium to attempt to find parking that wouldn’t be too far away and that wouldn’t be too expensive.

To our surprise, the parking garage right across from the stadium charged only 13 bucks for us to use! We parked and just walked across the street to the stadium, surrounded by a sea of red and white. (I coincidentally decided to wear a red cardigan that day, so I blended in well!)

I hadn’t been to a major league baseball game in a long time; in fact, I’d only been to one other game before, at Fenway Park to see the Red Sox play back in 1996 or 1997. I loved sitting in the stands watching the game, even though the Cards got creamed 10-4 during the game. I amused Scott’s parents by talking loudly about how I’m a Red Sox fan, and they joked and said I should have worn a Red Sox hat to the stadium! I think I probably would have gotten kicked out of the stadium if I had.

We stopped at a few craft stores on the way back from St. Louis and bought the fabric for my wedding dress and bridesmaid’s dresses! I couldn’t believe just how cheap we’re getting these dresses for by making them. I’m very excited to see the final results.

We spent the evening watching two movies; “Catch Me if You Can” (eh, decent) and “The Terminal” (pretty funny!) while working on some knitting. I couldn’t believe I sat through not one movie, but two!

We went to bed again at midnight, woke up in the morning, ate lunch, and drove back to South Bend. We quickly realized that Scott needs to recharge the coolant in his car because his air conditioning wasn’t working at all during the entire drive. The temperature was in the low 80s and fairly humid, so we spent the drive talking about wedding songs and trying hard not to sweat too much. We were happy when we arrived back in town.

Fun times.