I am bad. I’ve been working on a pair of socks for a week now, and no pictures.
I have taken pictures, but I haven’t posted them.
Last weekend, I journeyed to the store and bought a skein of Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn in the purple pattern, and a set of 4 size 2 DPNs for making the sock. I started the sock immediately after I returned home, as I couldn’t wait to start.
I’ve found that making socks isn’t hard at all, like I thought it would be. I knit the cuff with no problems, then played around with the needles a bit to start the heel. I turned the heal with no problem, and the only thing that seemed confusing to me was how to pick up the stitches to start the gusset. I think I did it correctly, then began decreasing fun.
Yesterday, finally, I came to the final toe decreases, nearing the end of the sock. More decreasing ensued, and it came time for the part of the sock that worried me the most - the grafting. However, the Magic Stripes sock instructions came with a detailed explanation of grafting, and to my surprise, I had no problem with it. I am so pleased with my grafting skills!
So… one down, one more to go! I’m going to take a break from knitting and focus on getting that CMSAL completed sometime before the next one starts (in May). I really love how this sock looks, and I’m looking forward to making many more pairs in the future!